We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated and energetic full-time Maintenance Service Technician. The hours are M-F, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM. (with some flexibility) Some On-call and weekend hours from time to time.
We have an immediate opening and are eagerly searching for a highly driven, self-motivated and team orientated Service Technician who takes an abundance of pride in providing unmatched customer service and possesses expertise in the multi-family service industry. This individual will play a critical role in the day-to-day maintenance service operations of our well-maintained, market rate, multi-family portfolio located in Hennepin, Ramsey and Anoka Counties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Perform a variety of skilled building services including preventative, corrective, deferred, routine, cosmetic, and emergency maintenance. Our diverse portfolio includes all market rate properties in both urban and suburban settings as well as contemporary and traditional building styles. Services will include repairs to plumbing, electrical, mechanical, light carpentry, appliances, HVAC and other various components of the physical asset.
- Provide routine corrective maintenance and upkeep to the managed portfolio of properties including resident service request
- Prepare vacant units for occupancy by providing “make-ready” services which may include complete top-down improvements to fixtures and finishes while working around outside vendors in a fast-paced environment
- Installation and repair of appliances
- Diagnose and complete minor plumbing issues
- Diagnose and complete minor electrical issues
- Diagnose, maintain and provide corrective services to all mechanical systems
- Provide light carpentry and other artisanship type services including trim, moldings and various millwork
- Maintain building security and related components including doors, locks, latches, closers and entry systems
- Assist Senior Management with special projects, inspections and identifying the deferred and cosmetic needs of individual properties
- Communicate with Area Supervisor and Property Manager regarding major site repairs, remodels or capital projects and work with them directly, when needed
- Perform all site-level preventative maintenance duties as assigned by the Area Supervisor
- Work collaboratively with vendor teams on identified maintenance projects
- Work with service team to maintain an adequate inventory of parts and supplies
- Alert the Area Supervisor to any hazardous or unusual circumstances or high priority issues that need immediate attention
- Attend relevant training courses, including Fair Housing and ensure all required certifications are current such as Boiler and CPO license
- Comply with all safety program requirements and work to promote safety in the workplace
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs as necessary
- All other duties as assigned
- Participation in on-call rotation schedule.
- Must have valid driver’s license and insured vehicle that complies with Minnesota State laws
- Ability to pass a background check
- Must have own tools
The physical aspects of the position require the ability to stand, kneel, bend, twist, reach, push, pull, climb and squat for extended periods of time and lift 30 pounds continually throughout the day. The position requires working both indoors and outdoors in all-weather conditions and the use of ladders and mechanical equipment and tools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must possess strong communication skills, customer service skills, and technical skills in all areas of building maintenance and operations
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in a clear, courteous manner when interacting with co- workers, vendors, and residents
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to operate applicable phone applications for service issues and information inquiries
- Must be able to handle rapidly changing priorities while thinking through to solve problems quickly and efficiently
We offer a very competitive wage and excellent benefit package including PTO, Medical, Dental, Life, Short & Long-term Disability, Health Savings Account and 401K including a company match. We also provide a monthly auto allowance.
Compensation: $23 to $28 hourly
Join our Kleinman “Krew” where you will be appreciated and enjoy a great working environment!